Applying to the University of Saint Francis is easy. Just submit our free online application. The step-by-step form only takes about 10 minutes to complete.
Steps to apply to USF
It’s this easy:
- Complete and submit our free online application.
- Submit high school transcripts. Ask your guidance counselor to help if you need assistance.
- Take the ACT/SAT. Add USF to your list of schools and your scores will be sent to us automatically. Our school codes are:
- ACT: 1238
- SAT: 1693
If you’re homeschooled, please make sure you also submit the following:
- Summary of curriculum studied
- Bibliography of books read during high school
- List of extracurricular activities
High school students wishing to be directly admitted to USF must meet the criteria listed below. As a Franciscan institution, we believe education should be available to everybody. Here are just a few things to keep in mind when applying:
- Have a 2.3 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Earn a combined SAT score of 1000+ on the reading and math sections or earn an ACT composite score of 21+.
As a Franciscan institution we believe in getting to know you as an individual and making our admissions decision carefully and thoughtfully. Students who may not meet all criteria are still evaluated for acceptance upon receipt of an essay. If you have questions about your eligibility, please call us at 260.399.8000. Your admissions counselor can guide you through the application process.
If you are required to submit an essay, your admissions counselor will tell you. Please select from one of the following prompts for your essay. All healthcare programs, including nursing, radiologic technology, surgical technology, and physical therapist assistant applicants must use prompt two.
- Describe how you have used or plan to use one or more of the Franciscan Values in your life. (Our FranciscanValues emphasize: respect for each individual, joyful service, a trusting community, a deeper awareness of peace and justice issues, respect and care for creation.)
- Keeping in mind our Franciscan values, please describe why you want to attend USF, the reasons for choosing your major, what you know about the profession, and how you plan to be successful here at USF.
Applying to our healthcare programs such as nursing, physical therapy assistant, pre-physicians assistant, radiologic technology, and surgical technology have additional program requirements. Please contact the office of admissions for more information or visit the academic program page.
Want to get a head start on earning college credits? Find out how to start earning credit in high school through the ACE program.
If you have any questions during this process, please contact your personal admissions counselor.
Send transcripts and scores to:University of Saint Francis
Office of Admissions
2701 Spring Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46808