How to Apply
Questions about the Graduate application process?
Contact Graduate School Admissions at [email protected] or 260-399-8000.
How To Apply: 5 Steps
- Determine if your program is online or on campus and then submit the appropriate application:
Not Sure Which App to Use?
See the Graduate Programs list to determine if your program is online or on campus.
Note the Following Exceptions:
- Send official transcripts from postsecondary institutions you attended. Transcripts must come from the institution’s office of the registrar. Please use the official transcript request form.
- Be sure to include all program-specific admissions requirements.
- If you are a military veteran enrolling in one of USF’s on-campus programs (not online), please send your DD214 Form.
- Mail all documentation to:
University of Saint Francis
2701 Spring Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Applicants to USF’s graduate programs must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States.
- Students applying to the RN-MSN or RN-DNP programs must have an associate of science in nursing.
- International students must have transcripts evaluated by World Education Services
Each program requires specific qualifications and/or submission material.
Graduate Nursing Programs
For admission to the Graduate Nursing Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Meet general admission standards for graduate education at the University of Saint Francis.
- Hold an associate, baccalaureate or master’s degree in nursing.
- Associate degree graduates apply for the ASN-Graduate Nursing Program track.
- Baccalaureate degree graduates apply to the Graduate Nursing program.
- Master’s degree in nursing graduates apply for the Post-Graduate Nursing Program track.
- Hold a current license as a Registered Nurse.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.20 on a four-point scale. (See admission criteria below about provisional admission if GPA is less than 3.20.)
- Submit a resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit three (3) letters of reference from professional and/or academic contacts.
- Complete and submit the USF Graduate Nursing Essay.
- Complete admission interview (Personal Interview).
Prior to admission, it is highly recommended that candidates:
- Have professional experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Complete an undergraduate or graduate statistics course within the past 5 years.
- For nurses applying for an advanced practice registered nursing (APRN) track, complete a minimum of a one-day shadow experience with an APRN working in their planned practice area.
- For nurses applying to a DNP track, investigate topics suitable for a DNP Scholarly Project.
Physician Assistant Studies