Pay It Forward
Live to be Part of the Solution
Pay it Forward reflects our long-established commitment to service. Simply put, we believe that God calls each of us to serve — and that acts of kindness make the world a better place.
In honor of Saint Francis and in recognition of all who spread love and kindness, USF is pleased to present its Pay It Forward initiative.
Pay it Forward Scholarship
- Pay It Forward Stories: Personal reflections from USF students who “pay it forward”
- The application deadline for the Pay it Forward Scholarship is November 1, 2018
See what inspires us!
Service at USF: Our Way of Life
As both a philosophy and practice, service is embedded in the USF experience. Students participate via classes, clubs and organizations, as members of athletic teams, and often, on their own.
- 74% participate in community service on campus and in the community
- Together, they complete more than 25,000 hours of service each year
- Long-standing programs like Formula for Life bring USF in service to the global community. Each year, this student-led program raises funds for orphans in Haiti
- Multiple Campus Ministry and Student Life programs provide service opportunities — on campus, in the local and global communities
USF Students Pay It Forward
One by one, through acts of kindness, we make the world a happier, safer, and more just home.
From Student to Advocate
“I have lived the Pay it Forward experience at USF. During my junior year, I started Be Better, Do Better Ministries, a non-profit that helps the homeless. I was inspired by what I learned at USF, especially the writings of St. Francis.
“Once I started the Ministry, the community jumped on to support it. From the Sisters on campus who packaged 40 bags of non-perishable goods to my entrepreneurship mentor who is helping me find donated space for homeless vets, it’s been a Pay it Forward effort.
“The University helped me find my purpose; I help homeless families; and already, I know of one family I helped who is now taking in a homeless veteran.”
Justin Davis ’18, Communication major & founder of Be Better, Do Better Ministries